- This event has passed.
2017 Global Shareholder Activism Conference
November 30 @ 12:00 pm - December 1 @ 3:00 pm
Global Shareholder Activism Conference
Thursday, November 30: Noon – 7:00pm
Friday, December 1: 9:00am - 3:00pm
For over a decade, the IIEF has brought together prominent investors from a wide range of institutions – public, private, Taft-Hartley, U.S. and international, private equity and hedge funds – with some of today’s leading academics and advisors on corporate governance and shareholder activism. The IIEF 17us Global Shareholder Activism Conference will focus on some of the most critical issues currently affecting institutional investors and their advisors in the U.S. and throughout the world.
- Shareholder Activism: Management Check or Long -Term
- Erosion of Investor Protection or Deregulation?
- Legal Tools for Advancing ESG Investment Objectives
- Non-U.S. Litigation: Update
- Updates on current issues affecting Antitrust, Appraisal, Bankruptcy, Delaware Law, Litigation Finance & Securities Law
Who Will Be Attending: Attendance is limited to qualified investors and issuers, economists, valuation experts, academics and members of the judiciary - recognized members of the institutional investor community. To nominate a participant, email email@example.com
CLE credits are available in most jurisdictions.
- Jay Brown, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Adrian Chopin, Bench Walk Capital LLC
- Marc Edwards, Phillips Murrah P.C. /OK Fire
- Jay Eisenhofer, Grant & Eisenhofer P.A.
- Margaret Foran, Prudential Financial Inc.
- Ted Frank, Center for Class Action Fairness
- Stuart Grant, Grant & Eisenhofer P.A.
J.B. Heaton, Conjecture LLC and J.B. Heaton, P.C.
- David Katz , Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Dennis Kelleher, Better Markets, Inc.
- Marc Kirschner, Goldin Associates
- David Klafter, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Jeffrey Lubitz, ISS
- Mike Leavitt, Bench Walk Capital LLC
- Keith Mestrich, Amalgamated Bank of New York
- Norbert Michel, The Heritage Foundation
- Kurt Schacht, CFA Institute
- Prof. Israel Shaked, Boston University Questrom School of Business and The Michel-Shaked Group
- Ron Soffer, Soffer Avocats
- Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, Yale School of Management
- Chris Supple, Massachusetts Pension Reserve Investment Management Board
Ambassador (ret.) Norman L. Eisen is a senior fellow in Governance Studies at Brookings, a CNN political commentator, and the chair of the government watchdog group CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington), which he co-founded in 2003. Click here to view profile
Senator Tim Kaine is one of 30 people in American history to have served as a Mayor, Governor and United States Senator. He serves on the Senate Armed Services, Budget, Foreign Relations, and Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committees. Click here to view profile